Query: all s well that ends well
Ignored words: s that
1 .. 50
| Next 50
- Talkin' Broadway - What's New on the Rialto? - Andre Holland "All's Well That Ends Well" and "Measure For Measure" - 6/27/11
... André Holland All's Well That Ends Well and Measure For Measure by Beth Herstein André Holland and Danai Gurira in Measure for Measure, directed by David Esbjornson Not even five years out of the graduate program at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, André Holland's ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - All's Well That Ends Well - 6/25/11
... All's Well That Ends Well Shakespeare in the Park Theatre Review by Matthew Murray Andre Holland and Annie Parisse. Photo by Joan Marcus. From his sonnets to his comedies (and, okay, some of his tragedies, too), William Shakespeare has long been renowned for his ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Hairspray" - 9/29/10
... Memorable Art Nouveau All's Well ... Also see Bob's review of Hairspray Tamara Tunie and John Ahlin The rarely produced All's Well That Ends Well is possibly the most sour and unloved of Shakespeare's "problem comedies." It has not been produced by the Shakespeare ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - "All's Well That Ends Well" - 8/27/13
... San Rafael opened on Saturday night a joyous romp through one of William Shakespeare's most difficult and least seen plays, All's Well That Ends Well. Music, singing, dancing, a naturalistic way with Elizabethan iambic pentameter and, above all, a lovely and ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - Washington, D.C. - "All's Well That Ends Well" 9/20/10
... All's Well That Ends Well Also see Susan's reviews of The Talented Mr. Ripley and Glimpses of the Moon Miriam Silverman, Ted van Griethuysen and Tony Roach All's Well That Ends Well has always been considered problematic among the plays of William Shakespeare. ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" - 8/26/13
... A Razzle Dazzle Production of Priscilla Queen of the Desert Also see Wally's review of All's Well That Ends Well and Richard's review of No Man's Land Aussie drag queens wearing terrific, outlandish costumes, with ostrich heads and Marie Antoinette wigs loaded onto ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional Theatre News & Reviews - On the Record - 11/24/04
... Disney's On the Record Also see Ann's review of Anna in the Tropics On the Record is labeled a musical, but that would be an inacurate description by most people's standards. This is a revue, with very minimal character development, and virtually no plot. However, ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Hairspray" - 9/29/10
... Welcome to the '60s: Hairspray Dances onto Paper Mill Stage Also see Bob's review of All's Well That Ends Well Lee Roy Reams and Christopher Sieber The joyful exuberance that the smash hit musical Hairspray brought to Broadway audiences for six and a half years ...
- Talkin' Broadway - Sound Advice: 11/27/01
... Also see Part One Ho, ho, ho and all that jazz, continued. As promised, here is the second installment of the mammoth, monstrous mega-review of maniacal proportions. For those of you extremely detail conscious (and you know who you are!), you may notice that we ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - Hijra - 4/26/06
... Hijra has United States Premiere at NCTC Also see Richard's reviews of Slava's Snowshow and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers Michael Mohammed and Wesley Cayabyab As part of its Pride Season Eleven, The New Conservatory Theatre Center is presenting the United States ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Mack and Mabel" - 10/4/10
... Jerry Herman's Tuneful Mack and Mabel in Morristown Also see Bob's reviews of All's Well That Ends Well and Hairspray Scott McGowan & Larissa Klinger Despite its imperfections, Mack and Mabel has a special place in the hearts of aficionados of American musical ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - Measure for Measure - 6/30/11
... Measure for Measure Shakespeare in the Park Theatre Review by Matthew Murray Danai Gurira and Lorenzo Pisoni. Photo by Joan Marcus. The opening image of David Esbjornson’s new production of Measure for Measure at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park, as the second ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional Theatre Reviews - Washington, D.C. Past Reviews
... PAST COLUMNS Search Regional Reviews: "AND" "OR" Washington, D.C. Review Archive See Washington, D.C. Current Season Reviews Washington, D.C. Reviews, before June 2013: 110 in the Shade 13 Rue de l'Amour 1776 1776 2012 1 Henry IV The 25th Annual Putnam County ...
- TalkinBroadway - What's New In The West End
... December 2002/ January 2003 LONDON ROUNDUP If you like your musicals camp, book yourself tickets to see Boy George’s Taboo playing at The Venue. The plot charts the story of impressionable teenager Billy, who decides to free himself from the restrictions of home ...
- Talkin' Broadway - What's New on the Rialto? - "An Interview with Laurence O'Keefe" - 4/22/01
... An Interview with Laurence O'Keefe by Nancy Rosati Bat Boy is an offbeat musical comedy based on the tabloid story of a creature, half boy, half bat, who was found in a cave in West Virginia. Composer/Lyricist Laurence O’Keefe is in Los Angeles right now preparing ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional Theatre News & Reviews - "1776" - 6/29/04
... 1776 Malcolm Gets as John Adams The Sherman Edwards/Peter Stone musical about the two months preceding the signing of the Declaration of Independence, 1776, is the second production in the 2004 season of musicals presented by Pittsburgh CLO, forming (with the first ...
- TalkinBroadway - What's New In The West End
... 1st July, 2002 RECENT OPENINGS and NEWS ‘BOMBAY DREAMS’ - AR Rahman’s much anticipated musical debut has opened to mixed notices. Rahman is an extremely successful film composer in India, and teamed up with lyricist Don Black and scriptwriter Meera Syal for this ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional Theatre Reviews - New Jersey Past Reviews
... and Lonesome Prairie The African Company Presents Richard III Afterplay Agnes of God Ain't Misbehavin' Ain't Misbehavin' 2006 All My Sons All's Well That Ends Well Amadeus American Buffalo ...
- Lovers Are Very Special People ... (All Kinds Of Love Songs) - 8/25/05
... wrote in his lyric to "People" for Funny Girl: "Lovers are very special people./ They're the luckiest people in the world." Well, sometimes. Not every song and singer here is in a happy place. Yet, the lady who introduced that song will come up as an influence and ...
- Talkin' Broadway - What's New on the Rialto? - "Riverdance and Dealer's Choice" - 5/17/98
... Riverdance and Dealer's Choice So I was a little late. What's new? But this time I had an excuse (really!). See, it was my last day at my old job and my colleagues threw me a little party - you know there are some people who'll find any excuse to have carrot cake ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - "Fetes de la Nuit - 2/10/05
... Conor McPherson's Dublin Carol is a Harsh but Tender Drama Also see Richard's reviews of Rescue and Recovery and Fêtes de la Nuit Gary Armagnac The Aurora Theatre is presenting the West Coast premiere of Conor McPherson's Dublin Carol, running through March 6. This ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - St. Louis "Waiting in the Wings" - 6/24/09
... lot like the old movie Stage Door (with Katharine Hepburn and Grace Kelly), except that it's a good 50 or 60 years later, and all those girls are now well, well past the ends of their careers." Charmingly stagey old women come an ...
- Talkin' Broadway - Broadway Bound Part 30
... Episode 30 INTRODUCING ROBIN PAIGE Tuesday Morning, August 11 A knock on the office door . . . Yes? May I help you? "Actually, I was going to ask if I could help you. I hear you've got problems." Excuse me? "With Neverland? Oh, and Drema ask me to bring you these ...
- Talkin' Broadway - What's New on the Rialto? - "Live...Broadway - The Credit Card" - 11/2/00
... LIVE...BROADWAY The Credit Card You've seen the brochures or you may have visited the Live...Broadway booth in the Times Square Visitor Center, a few doors from the Palace Theatre. The brochure for their Visa credit card touts that reaching certain point levels you ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - Cradle and All - 5/25/11
... Cradle and All Theatre Review by Matthew Murray Greg Keller and Maria Dizzia. Photo by Joan Marcus. Daniel Goldfarb’s play Cradle and All, which is now playing at Manhattan Theatre Club’s Off-Broadway space, is like a living before-and-after commercial for ...
- Talkin' Broadway Sound Advice: New, Notable 'n' Noel: Norm, Natalie & Merry from Meringolo - 12/18/08
... Deep in December, it's nice to remember that good things come to those who wait: often, some of the most rewarding album releases seem to flow in at the end of the year. This December is one of those very good years. Released this month are satisfying vocal albums ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews, Albuquerque - "The Night of the Iguana" - 4/4/11
... Albuquerque Regional Reviews The Night of the Iguana at The Vortex Theatre Also see Brian's review of The Last Five Years George Bach and Lori Stewart Solitary confinement in a self-created prison. Fury at religious hypocrites who promote God as a senile delinquent ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews, Phoenix - "Evita" - 12/4/13
... tour of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's musical Evita has come to ASU/Gammage for a week long run. While this is a fairly well-known musical of a real life woman's rise to power and fame, and the show won the 1980 Tony Award for Best Musical, the score really ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - "Enchanted April" - 2/21/05
... San Jose Repertory Theatre Presents a Lovely Production of Enchanted April Also see Richard's reviews of Hilda and Well Emily Swallow The San Jose Repertory Company is presenting the Northern California premiere of Matthew Barber's Tony-nominated adaptation of ...
- Talkin' Broadway - Sound Advice: Better Music, Better Late Than Never - 6/16/05
... This week, we look into some things that you might have thought have already happened. Not quite. There's a cast album of a show that opened at the end of the last century, but was never recorded until now. And, since James Van Heusen composed quite a few standards ...
- Talkin' Broadway - What's New on the Rialto? - "Wonderful Town" - 10/10/99
... masterpiece": Wonderful Town. Featuring the titanic talents of Broadway's current darling, 3-time Tony winner Audra McDonald, as well as the West End favorite Kim Criswell and the celebrated opera baritone Thomas Hampson, this complete recording offers an amazing ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - St. Louis "Into the Woods" - 9/23/09
... Into the Woods Stray Dog Theatre Deborah Sharn, JT Ricroft, Zach Huels, Alex Miller, Christina Rios I hate to listen to gossip, of course. So I have to read as much of it as I can online. And what I read the other day really kept me on my toes later that same night ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - Seattle: "Misalliance - 10/24/03
... Misalliance at Seattle Repertory Theatre Also see David's reviews of Baby and Omnium-Gatherum A practically perfect alliance of play and production occurs in Seattle Repertory Theatre's Misalliance. A later period play from George Bernard Shaw, the playwright who ...
- Talkin' Broadway - What's New on the Rialto? - "Spectacle: Part II" - 3/29/98
... Spectacle: Part II Just In: Last night, at the closing of The Capeman, a new chorus member made his one and only appearance in his Broadway debut. In the "Quality" number he sang as part of the chorus, hardly noticable to the audience. His name... Paul Simon. The ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - St. Louis "The Children's Hour" - 10/2/12
... The Children's Hour The Webster University Conservatory of Theater Arts Melissa Weyn and Shaina Schrooten Two and a half years ago I was in Los Angeles, and happened to see the movie Psycho on the big screen, on the occasion of its 50th anniversary. But the ...
- Talkin' Broadway Review: The Man Who Had All the Luck
... The Man Who Had All the Luck Theatre Review by Matthew Murray - May 1, 2002 The Man Who Had All the Luck by Arthur Miller. Directed by Scott Ellis. Set designed by Allen Moyer. Costumes designed by Michael Krass. Lighting designed by Kenneth Posner. Sound design by ...
- Sound Advice: British and Broadwayish - 12/15/05
... Saturday Records Reaching back to 1934, Must Close Saturday Records has dug up some London cast recordings and a few bonus tracks, all with music by Vivian Ellis. Broadway was dancing to Cole Porter's Anything Goes that year, but one of London theater's favorites, ...
- Talkin' Broadway Review: All About Me
... All About Me Theatre Review by Matthew Murray - March 18, 2010 All About Me A Showbiz Entertainment. Written by Christopher Durang and Barry Humphries. Conceived by Barry Humphries, with Lizzie Spender and Terrence Flannery. Directed by Casey Nicholaw. Music ...
- Talkin' Broadway - Book-lovers in Musicals - 8/20/12
... confirmed book-lover, I always appreciate seeing fellow bibliophiles in musicals. Here's a compilation of musical theatre's all-time readers, couples who bond over literature, characters who work to improve their literacy, and even some who are against books. All ...
- Talkin' Broadway - Sound Advice: Broadway, Berlin, Boone and The Boyz - 5/12/05
... off Broadway show that's had its own buzz and now has its own CD. ALTAR BOYZ OFF-BROADWAY CAST Ghostlight/ Sh-K-Boom Records All singing! All dancing! All praying! In Altar ...
- Talkin' Broadway - What's New on the Rialto? - "Any Other Season" - 11/20/97
... have you thought of writing a romance novel?" Undaunted, William's agent tried for two years to get the book published but for all his efforts all he got was an impressive collection of laudatory rejection slips. "Any Other Season" began in 1987 as a ta ...
- Talkin' Broadway - Broadway Bound Part 7
... realized last night that ever since we've been working together, I've treated this producing thing sort of like a game." I know. "Well, ever since I found the theatre space a couple of days ago, I've realized i ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - St. Louis "Sister Mary Ignatius Explains It All For You" and "The Eight: Reindeer Monologues" - 12/8/09
... Sister Mary Ignatius Explains It All For You and The Eight: Reindeer Monologues Stray Dog Theatre and HotCity Theatre Also see Bob's review of A Christmas Story Margeau Baue Steinau Christopher Durang made quite a splash with his play Sister Mary Ignatius Explains ...
- Sound Advice: A Good Week For Good Songs Well Done - 5/18/06
... Rodgers melodies, two have the title song from the musical Lost in the Stars. But the thing that got my attention is what they all have in common: they're all especially well done. It's been a good week with my CD player on "repeat play." SHAYNEE RAINBOLT AT HOME 33 ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - "Tiny Kushner," "The Creature" and "The Little Dog Laughed" - 11/6/09
... Tiny Kushner, The Creature and The Little Dog Laughed A Stimulating Evening of Tiny Kushner Kate Eifrig Tiny Kushner is an interesting evening to stimulate the minds of the audience. It's not for those who like light and airy plays but for serious-minded theatre ...
- Sound Advice: Male Call - 10/13/05
... female theater performers tend to record solo CDs. It's a happy job putting the spotlight on them, but this week's roster is all male. So, as Linda Eder's character sang in Jekyll And Hyde, "then, bring on the men!" (Things will change next week; in fact, Miss Eder ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Honky Tonk Angels and The Scarlet Pimpernel in Cincinnati 1/23/01
... Honky Tonk Angels and The Scarlet Pimpernel Dinner Theater is alive and well in southwest Ohio. For many years, La Comedia Dinner Theatre has combined fine food with professional musicals to the delight of its many patrons. Typically, La Comedia presents a good mix ...
- Sound Advice: The Producers ... and Others - 12/8/05
... The Producers ... and Others The Producers gets top billing this week as the Broadway smash about Broadway comes to a (movie) theater near you. Also: an Australian musical very different in style from The Producers and finally produced on disc 40 years after its ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional Theatre News & Reviews - "The Glorious Ones"
... The Glorious Ones Also see Ann's reviews of Altar Boyz and Missionary Position Julyana Soelistyo in center, and (clockwise from left) John Kassir, Paul Schoeffler, Natalie Venetia Belcon, Jenny Powers, Jeremy Webb and David Patrick Kelly A sweet morsel of a musical ...
- Sound Advice: FROM A TO ZAZ - 2/16/06
... "A" for Anne from literature musicalized, to Zaz, a cool vocal group as our last item. In between, two more musicals: one gay and one with gloom and doom. ANNE & GILBERT ORIGINAL (CANADIAN) CAST Since the cover of Anne & Gilbert 's cast album says "selected songs, ...
Found 891 files.
Powered by RiSearch Pro, © 2000-2004