Query: henry iv
Ignored words: iv
1 .. 50
| Next 50
- Talkin' Broadway Review: Henry IV
... Henry IV Theatre Review by Matthew Murray - November 20, 2003 Henry IV by William Shakespeare. Directed by Jack O'Brien. Adapter/Dramaturg Dakin Matthews. Sets designed by Ralph Funicello. Costumes designed by Jess Goldstein. Lighting designed by Brian McDevitt. ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Henry V" in Philadelphia - 8/9/10
... Henry V Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre Michael Gregory (center) and Company Call it "Dead Bards Society." The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre's Classical Acting Academy is presenting a terrific (and free!) production of Henry V that sets the play inside a prep ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Henry V" - 5/14/07
... Once More Unto The Breach: Shakespeare Theatre Opens 2007 Season with Henry V Also see Bob's review of The Underpants David Conrad and Kate Baldwin The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey is at the top of its form in Henry V, the inaugural production of its expanded ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - Henry VI - 10/18/07
... The bloody, treacherous and inglorious thirty years (1455-1485) of the British monarchy between the triumphant monarchy of Henry V and the evil reign of Richard III are chronicled by Shakespeare in three long, not often produced histories Henry VI, Parts 1, 2, 3. ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Henry IV, Part One" - 6/7/12
... Solid Henry IV, Part One Opens Shakespeare Theatre 50th Anniversary Season John Ahlin King Henry IV reigns over England in early 15th century England, but "uneasy lies the head that wears a crown," as we see amply demonstrated in the straight forward, clear and ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Henry V" a Preview - 1/3/05
... from that time on, it's been my favorite Shakespeare play. It translates to being like the best summer blockbuster films." Henry V follows on from Shakespeare's Henry IV, in which Prince Hal, the future King Henry V, is a dis ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - "Henry IV" - 7/19/04
... A Razor-Sharp, Fresh Production of Shakespeare's Henry IV Also see Richard's reviews of Orpheus Descending and Red The California Shakespeare Theatre is presenting Dakin Matthews' special version of the Bard's Henry IV, Part One and Part Two at the Bruns Memorial ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - "Oregon Shakespeare Festival 2004 (Part Four)" - 9/28/04
... Oregon Shakespeare Festival - The Bard's Works under the Stars (Part Four) Also see Part One , Part Two , and Part Three of Richard's coverage of the 2004 OSF The Oregon Shakespeare Festival has three great works from the pen of William Shakespeare at the 1190 ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - St. Louis "Henry IV" - 2/15/06
... Henry IV The Repertory Theater of St. Louis Luigi Pirandello’s Henry IV is a puzzle play, an airy intellectual game that is played out in high-voltage confrontations and ends in sudden violence. Its great strength is its theatricality, its unabashed reveling in the ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - Washington, D.C. - 1 Henry IV 10/23/08
... 1 Henry IV Tom Story and Rick Foucheux The Folger Theatre is presenting a straightforward and engaging production of William Shakespeare's 1 Henry IV. Paul Mason Barnes, making his Washington directing debut, has assembled an accomplished cast with three strong ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - Washington, D.C. - Hell Meets Henry Halfway 2/7/09
... Hell Meets Henry Halfway Also see Susan's review of The Winter's Tale Sarah Sanford & James Sugg The Pig Iron Theatre Company of Philadelphia knows what it's getting at, but doesn't necessarily share that information with the audience. That's the general sense ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - Washington, D.C. - "Henry V" 3/2/10
... Henry V Also see Susan's review of Richard II Michael Hayden The "Leadership Repertory" at Washington's Shakespeare Theatre Company continues with a robust production of Henry V as physical and immediate as the concurrent production of Richard II is introspective ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - Washington, D.C. - "Henry VIII" 10/21/10
... Henry VIII Naomi Jacobson In honor of the 500th anniversary of Henry VIII's accession to the English throne, the Folger Theatre in Washington is presenting a fascinating production of William Shakespeare's seldom-seen play about the monarch. Shakespeare's Henry ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - Washington, D.C. - "Henry V" 1/30/13
... Henry V Zach Appelman, top center, and cast William Shakespeare understood that he could not stage the epic story of Henry V without the assistance of the viewer's imagination: the Chorus (Richard Sheridan Willis) says as much in his opening speech. In the current ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - Henry IV - 10/5/01
... Henry IV Theatre Review by Matthew Murray Luigi Pirandello's Henry IV is an interesting examination of the fine line that exists between sanity and insanity. Though based partially on historical fact, its story about a man who hits his head and lives for two ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - Henry V - 9/21/02
... Henry V Theatre Review by Matthew Murray There's little point in questioning the knack that great playwrights have for staging their work with the very dialogue of which the play consists. And, whether it was necessity or a chosen dramatic device, William ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - Henry V - 7/15/03
... Henry V Theatre Review by Matthew Murray The stirring theatrical invocation that begins William Shakespeare's Henry V - "O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend / The brightest heaven of invention" and so on - has seldom seemed quite as a prophetic as it does at ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - Hell Meets Henry Halfway - 11/8/04
... Hell Meets Henry Halfway Theatre Review by Warren Hoffman Maybe one needs to be Polish to fully understand the bizarre humor and unusual plot of Pig Iron Theatre Company's intriguing production Hell Meets Henry Halfway, based on the novel Possessed by Polish author ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - The Late Henry Moss - 1/25/05
... The Late Henry Moss Theatre Review by Warren Hoffman Dysfunctional families. Warring brothers. Alcoholism. Yep, Sam Shepard is back in town. The Late Henry Moss, Shepard's troubled drama, is back from the dead, so to speak, in a new production by White Horse ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - Henry and Mudge - 12/17/06
... Henry and Mudge Theatre Reviews by Matthew Murray An understudy's toughest job must be going on for the lead with minimal notice, minimal rehearsal, and an audience packed with critics. And when the majority of those critics are the harshest imaginable - children ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - Missa Solemnis or The Play About Henry - 11/01/08
... by Cindy Pierre Jai Catalano and Matt Huffman. Photo by Graham T. Posner. Missa Solemnis (“Solemn Mass”) or The Play About Henry is a tragedy about the life and suicide of Henry Stuart Matis (Matt Huffman), a fervent Mormon who struggled and lost the battle of ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde," "Henry V" and "The Gruffalo" - 1/31/09
... Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Henry V and The Gruffalo Park Square Theatre Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Peter Christian Hansen, Emily Gunyou Halaas, Steve Hendrickson and Jean Salo No matter what version, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde always digs into the split nature of every ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "An American Tragedy," "Henry V" and "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" in Philadelphia - 10/5/10
... An American Tragedy, Henry V and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Also see Tim's reviews of Curtains and Spelling Bee Erica Hawthorne (seated, left), Carl Smith (center) and the Ensemble Photo: Ashley Smith Hedgerow Theatre is now presenting An American Tragedy, a work that ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - "The Late Henry Moss" - 12/7/00
... The World Premier of Sam Shepard's The Late Henry Moss The Magic Theatre season is starting out with a bang, presenting the world premier of Sam Shepard's latest opus, The Late Henry Moss. Mr. Shepard has directed the play and cast it with marquee names mostly from ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "The Late Henry Moss" - 4/7/08
... The Late Henry Moss St. Louis Actors' Studio Also see Richard's review of Mary's Wedding The Late Henry Moss, which Sam Shepard labored over for ten years, is by no means his best play. It's overly long, recycles themes used to greater effect in other works, and ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "The Lion in Winter" - 10/29/10
... Staged at Shakespeare Theatre Also see Bob's review of An Iliad Sherman Howard and Laura Campbell Looking back to 1183 when Henry II sat on the British throne, The Lion in Winter, like the plays of Shakespeare, hurtles us forward into the modern world. Shakespeare ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - A Letter to Harvey Milk & Living with Henry - 7/27/12
... A Letter to Harvey Milk Living with Henry Theatre Review by Matthew Murray A Letter to Harvey Milk Leslie Kritzer ensures no show she's in ever feels too small, but even her skyscraper-size talents are challenged by A Letter to Harvey Milk. Jerry James, Laura I. ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" - 10/16/12
... Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet an Enticing Theatrical Accommodation at Book-It Rep Also see David's reviews of Pullman Porter Blues and Wicked Marcel Davis, Jose Abaoag and Stephanie Kim Book-It Repertory Theatre had a huge hit on its hands with its stage ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - "Henry VI, Part 3 and Richard III" - 8/31/04
... The Pacific Repertory Theatre Royal Blood Series continues with Henry VI, Part 3 and Richard III Also see Richard's review of Coup de Graae The Pacific Repertory Theatre in Carmel is presenting an ambitious program of Shakespeare’s historical plays. Each season, ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco "Wrong Mountain" - 11/21/1999
... Wrong Mountain Wrong Mountain is a strange play. It has a superb cast of Broadway and Los Angeles actors. It stars the extraordinary Tony winning actor Ron Rifkin and it was directed by Richard Jones who directed the musical Titanic. Written by the talented ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "The Prescott Method," "The Life (and Death) of Harry Houdini" and "Henry V" - 4/5/13
... The Prescott Method, The Life (and Death) of Harry Houdini and Henry V Madi Distefano and Jessica Bedford Photo by Mark Garvin The Prescott Method: Easy Steps to Perfect Bread Baking, Every Time isn't an instructional presentation; it's a new comedy/drama about two ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Springtime for Henry in Boston" - 5/24/03
... Springtime for Henry The final offering of Nicholas Martin's lackluster third season at The Huntington Theatre in Boston is an effervescent production of a less than vintage play. Springtime for Henry by Benn W. Levy, a second string Noel Coward, was a 1931 ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Brilliant Traces" in Southern Florida 5/16/04
... Brilliant Traces The aesthetic value of Cindy Lou Johnson's Brilliant Traces brings to mind a song by Air Supply called "Two Less Lonely People in the World." There's a lyric in the song that goes, "in my life when everything is wrong, something finally went right! ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "The Lion in Winter" 3/1/07
... The Lion in Winter Also see John's review of Shostakovich: Music For Orchestra Pat Nesbit and Curt Hostetter The Caldwell Theatre Company presents James Goldman's The Lion In Winter. Though set in the 12th century, the brilliant language of The Lion In Winter, ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - Him - 10/9/12
... Him Theatre Review by Matthew Murray Hallie Foote and Tim Hopper. Photo by James Leynse. Melancholy clearly runs in the Foote family. If you've followed the work of the late Horton — and if you've been following the Off-Broadway scene over the last decade or so, ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "Alice, Sweet , Alice - An Interview with Alice Playten" - 2/26/08
... Alice, Sweet Alice - An Interview with Alice Playten Alice Playten Though her biggest exposure to a national audience may have come from a now legendary mid-'60s Alka-Seltzer commercial (where, as a young bride she offers her husband a hearty repast of ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: Los Angeles - "Past, Present, and Future" - 7/18/02
... Past, Present, and Future God bless Ray Bradbury. The prolific science fiction author surely doesn't produce $15 a ticket plays at small theatres in Los Angeles for the money. He must do it because, despite achieving massive success as a novelist and short story ...
- Talkin' Broadway Review: The Scottsboro Boys
... Billington. Sound design by Peter Hylenski. Orchestrations by Larry Hochman. Fight direction by Rick Sordelet. Cast: Joshua Henry, Colman Domingo, Forrest McCl ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - "The Real Thing - 11/3/04
... Tom Stoppard’s The Real Thing is an Elegant Production Also see Richard's review of Peter Pan American Conservatory Theatre is currently presenting British playwright Tom Stoppard’s The Real Thing with a superb cast headed by Marco Barricelli and René Augesen ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - 7th Monarch - 6/24/12
... Carol Rosegg Loss, with its full potential for derailing our minds and lives (in that order), is the chief concern of Jim Henry's new play 7th Monarch, at the Acorn Theatre. Two women, born a generation apart, bond over their shared pain as they struggle to solve an ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco "Eyes for Consuela" - 2/21/1999
... considerably since it premiered in New York. Based on a short story by Octavo Paz, Eyes for Consuela is the tale of American Henry and ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - Washington, D.C. - Orson's Shadow - 2/13/07
... Orson's Shadow Wilbur Edwin Henry and Anthony Newfield The current production at Round House Theatre in Bethesda, MD, Orson's Shadow, offers many pleasures: a gossipy look backstage at some past luminaries of stage and screen; yet another depiction of the business ...
- Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - Serenade - 12/09/07
... F Serenade Theatre Review by Cindy Pierre Joshua Henry and Anika Larsen Photo by Ben Strothmann. French dramatist Cyrano de Bergerac is best immortalized in Edmond Rostand's play of the same title, pining for the beautiful Roxane, but obliged to woo her on behalf of ...
- Talkin' Broadway - What's New on the Rialto? - Henry Stram and Mary Testa: See What I Wanna See - 11/17/05
... Henry Stram and Mary Testa See What I Wanna See By Beth Herstein See What I Wanna See, the new Michael John LaChiusa musical, currently at The Public Theater, consists of two acts linked thematically but distinct in plot and character. The first act, "R Shomon," is ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - My Fair Lady - 3/19/08
... London My Fair Lady in First Rate Form Also see Bob's review of Engaging Shaw Christopher Cazenove and Lisa O'Hare My Fair Lady is widely recognized as the most literate of the great musicals of the golden era of American musicals. The brilliantly witty lyricist ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - "The Real Thing" and Fringe Recap - 8/19/06
... The Guthrie Theater The Real Thing And a Fringe Festival Recap Jay Goede and Kathryn Meisle Tom Stoppard loves to leave his audience a bit unsteady. His plays are often elaborate puzzle boxes, with the true meaning not coming into focus - if at all - until the show ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: San Francisco - "Syncopation - 3/27/03
... West Coast Premiere Of Allan Knee’s Syncopation Also see Richard's review of Red, Hot & Cole The Marin Theatre Company is presenting the west coast premiere of Allan Knee’s Syncopation. This nostalgic romantic drama debuted at New Haven’s Long Wharf Theatre in 1999 ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews - St. Louis "Mary's Wedding" - 4/8/08
... Mary's Wedding Echo Theatre Also see Sarah's review of The Late Henry Moss Ben Nordstrom and Magan Wiles How should a girl become a woman? Ideally, perhaps, just as the girl in Stephen Massicotte's World War I dream play: always just that close to scandal; with a ...
- Talkin' Broadway Regional News & Reviews: Cleveland - "Rich Girl" - 5/8/13
... CLEVELAND Regional Reviews by David Ritchey Rich Girl Second Stage Theater, Cleveland Play House How does a rich girl know when friendships are real and love is true? Some people think it's easier to fall in love with a rich person than with a poor person. ...
- On the Scene - Broadway Barks 4 - July 14, 2002 - Page 1
... adoption year 'round. For more information, read Bernadette Peters' Message to Talkin' Broadway . Bernadette Peters Buck Henry (Morning's at Seven) and Brad Oscar (The Producers) Buck Henry and Andrea Martin (Oklahoma!) Bernadette, Vanessa Williams (Into the Woods) ...
Found 963 files.
Powered by RiSearch Pro, © 2000-2004