|Submissions Open for SOUND BITES 7.0|
|Posted by: Official_Press_Release 04:37 pm EST 11/25/19|
|Submissions From Musical Theatre Writers Currently Accepted for SOUND BITES 7.0
NYC Annual Festival of 10-minute Musicals Announced for the Spring of 2020
New York, NY (November 2019) - Theatre Now New York (TNNY) is pleased to announce that submissions are now open for SOUND BITES 7.0, the Seventh Annual Festival of 10-Minute Musicals.
Over the last 6 years, TNNY's SOUND BITES has presented 60 10-minute musicals to sold out houses, promoting the work of over 120 different up-and-coming authors, composers, and lyricists.
This one-night only event will showcase eight new musicals and will be held on April 22, 2020 at Merkin Concert Hall in the Kaufmann Music Center in NYC.
By providing on-stage experience and a high-visibility platform to develop new work from artists of diverse backgrounds, this annual 'only in New York' event has established itself as a festival that provides a look into the future of musical theater – including a broad spectrum of distinct perspectives, taste, and social practice - attracting a growing audience of musical lovers and developing new audiences.
As a new addition to the festival's program and in order to increase access for audiences whose primary language is not English, we are also accepting submissions for works in foreign languages or that are bilingual. Although the application process is still in English, the work itself may be submitted and, if selected, performed in any other language.
Selected musicals and artists will join an alumni network of musical theatre writing teams, actors, directors and choreographers from festivals of years past. Each SOUND BITES 7.0 finalist may also receive further development opportunities as part of TNNY's new works development program.
For more information about SOUND BITES 7.0, submission guidelines, and to submit work for consideration in this year's festival, please visit the SOUND BITES 7.0 website at www.soundbites.tnny.org. There are no submission fees and the application may be completed online.
SOUND BITES 7.0 is presented by Theatre Now New York. The directing team includes:
• Artistic Director Thomas Morrissey, who has helped develop and produce new plays and musicals, including the East Coast Premiere of Kingdom, the World Premiere of The Last Sunday in June, and the East Coast Premiere of The Break-Up Notebook;
• Producing Director Chris Giordano, who co-produced SOUND BITES 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0, and TNNY's Rotating Rep Series, which included musicals: We Have Apples, Kragtar: An American Monster Musical, and Thicket & Thistle's What's Your Wish?;
• Managing Director Jonas Klabin, who produced the Brazilian staging of musicals such as Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Grey Gardens, Mondo Machete, a musical adaptation of Vampire Lesbians of Sodom, and plays such as Red Light Winter, and stage adaptations such as The Elephant Vanishes and Other Stories.
• Director of New Works Joe Kenny, Co-founder & Technical Director of Ambrosios Productions, is an actor, director, writer, and scenic designer.
• Literary Manager Stephen Bishop Seely, who has helped develop several Off-Broadway and Broadway shows including Disney's Tarzan, Rock Wilk's Broke Wide Open, Rock Wilk's Brooklyn Quartet, and 8 Million Protagonists.
Theatre Now is an artist service organization dedicated to the development, production, publication, and circulation of short and long-form musicals, by providing ongoing support for writers and their work in order to nurture voices and forms that push the boundaries of musical theatre.
Theatre Now bridges the gap between early readings and fully-produced theatrical runs by offering staged and performed developmental productions to pieces that are ready to live on their feet. We strive for continuity and growth in our production process by collaborating with artists on story development through song and dialogue, and focusing on their prospective audience. Theatre Now furthers the visibility of our alumni writers with opportunities for networking, publication, and future production. In addition, we embrace musical properties we've produced as their theatrical licensor, offering them for productions in schools, colleges, communities, and other theatre venues across the country. By providing the support for rising artists and original forms to thrive, we entice unexpected audiences to experience the emerging voices of musical theatre.
For more information about Theatre Now New York, visit:
|Previous:||Seth Sikes - New Year's Eve - Official_Press_Release 04:39 pm EST 11/25/19|
|Next:||Johnny G. Lloyd's Or, An Astronaut Play to premiere @ The Tank 1/4-1/26 - Official_Press_Release 04:35 pm EST 11/25/19|
Time to render: 0.006840 seconds.