|re: Commentary: Is Scott Rudin’s apology enough? A new era demands more|
|Posted by: ryhog 02:19 pm EDT 04/19/21|
|In reply to: re: Commentary: Is Scott Rudin’s apology enough? A new era demands more - NewtonUK 01:10 pm EDT 04/19/21|
|1. I have not advocated having him forfeit anything based on past involvements so I will leave any discussion of that to others.
2. I do not know what his equity position in MM is or what arrangements will be made with his partners and/or successors in that show and others.
3. I think people will be wary of any relationship with him so long as this cloud remains, both for associative and also financial reasons. At the least, they will tiptoe around the existing projects. (And this is true without regard to their own lack of moral and ethical fiber.)
4. I think he will be walking on eggshells for the foreseeable future, which is itself a sentence. As I said elsewhere, as soon as someone who cares finds his fingerprints, things will blow up quickly. I don't think the brother of Rudin's assistant who committed suicide (the video posted yesterday) is going to wander off.
5. I don't think everything has come out yet.
6. I think there is a good chance Rudin will cease theatrical producing on his own. It's not like film, where a lot more can be done remotely, and very remotely in some cases. There are no dailies you can sit at home and watch. You see people in the theatre. They talk. etc etc etc He may just decide it's not worth #4.
7. It's way too soon to think about redemption.
8. "Actionable" under current NY law is a lot broader. Being a bully is actionable. (I don't know where or when the case you are talking about arose.) Likewise, as I have noted elsewhere, another huge aspect of the changes in our law is that NDAs are essentially impossible. You can talk to a lawyer, you can file a complaint at the local, state, or Federal level. Once it is filed, unless it is rejected (highly unlikely), it's disclosed. New and better landscape.
|Previous:||re: Commentary: Is Scott Rudin’s apology enough? A new era demands more - NewtonUK 01:10 pm EDT 04/19/21|
|Next:||re: Commentary: Is Scott Rudin’s apology enough? A new era demands more - Michael_Portantiere 01:47 pm EDT 04/19/21|
Time to render: 0.008807 seconds.